Sunday 16 August 2015

Paper Patchwork Picture - Bargain Home Decor

Well, it's been a long while, but I'm finally back to blogging. What have I been doing all this time? Well, I have been quite busy. I've done a bit of painting, some card-making, and plenty of home décor and sewing.  My sewing skills have definitely improved (thanks to help from books and online tutorials) so I've progressed from very basic projects to slightly more advanced ones.

I've also made a few more changes in my studio, which now looks like this:



I made the large framed pictures myself, using free samples of wallpaper from a DIY store.

I love the look of patchwork, so I cut the wallpaper samples into 2" squares, and laid out a patchwork design that I liked, using whole squares and half-square triangles.


Working on a large sheet of graph paper as my base layer (to keep the lines straight), I stuck all the paper pieces down, then added some extra detail using small flowers punched from the same papers. I added faux stitching all over (using a gold gel pen).




Finally, I added a border made from more scraps of wallpaper and mounted the whole thing on a large sheet of chocolate brown cardstock. Once framed up, it looks great!



No comments: